Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday 13 :: Vocaubulary Building



I love those word-a-day calendars...I love using words as writing prompts...but lately I've been looking up more and more words...so let's do a little vocabulary building


  1. MANSCAPING :: Man grooming. Cleaning up the superfluous fur above and below the belt.

  2. BACKSEAT BUYER :: A person who gets excited over other people's future or current purchases

  3. REMASCULATE :: Growing a pair after breaking up with the girlfriend who whipped you.

  4. DINNER BADGE :: Stains on your shirt that act as a menu of what you had for dinner.

  5. PUMA :: The pre-cougar. No longer a kitten (18-25)...not yet a cougar (35+)

  6. DESIGNATED DRUNK :: Opposite of designated driver, the designated drunk has the responsibility of being entertaining.

  7. TYPERACTIVE :: People who can IM at the speed of light.

  8. PREGRET :: Knowing you'll hate yourself later, and doing it anyway.

  9. CRUNK :: Crazy drunk. Now I know what Lil John was rapping about.

  10. INTERNUTS :: People who are badasses only on message boards. In person, they'd likely wet their pants if someone slammed them.

  11. TECHNOLUST :: What everyone had for iPhone.

  12. LOCATIONSHIP :: The real-life version of a SHOWMANCE. Dating someone because they are there that you normally would never look twice at.

  13. TEXTUAL INTERCOURSE :: Phone sex for the IM crowd....


    Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
    1. Jennifer McK -- typeractive
    2. Michelle (MG) -- locationship
    3. Heather
    4. Morgan St. John -- pregretting
    5. Shelley Munro -- dinner badge
    6. Jennifer Shirk -- technolust
    7. Adelle
    8. Tempest Knight
    9. Ann Aguirre
    10. Debbie Mumford
    11. Savannah Chase
    12. Marie -- textual intercourse
    13. Robin L. Rotham
    14. Esmerelda Bishop -- designated drunk
    15. Moondancer
    16. Paige Tyler
    17. Lorelei James
    18. Kaige
    19. Amelia June
    20. Gina Ardito -- backseat buyer

    (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

    22 comments:

    Jennifer McKenzie said...

    LMAO!!!! THESE are GREAT!!!! I especially like "Typeractive". I know a couple of people who call me that.

    Bethanne said...

    ROFL! I love this list. pregret? I do that all the time.

    Anonymous said...

    I love Locationship. LOL And pregretting, I'm pretty sure I have that down.:-D

    Heather said...

    ROFL - fun list!

    Anonymous said...

    LOL - love this list. Dinner badge - I'm such a clutz. I often suffer from these!

    Jennifer Shirk said...

    I think I still have technolust for the iPhone. LOL!

    First time I heard "manscaping" was on that Rescue Me show. It cracked me up!

    Unknown said...

    LOVE these lol Thanks for the morning chuckle. :)

    Mine's Up http://adellelaudan.blogspot.com

    Tempest Knight said...

    Totally hilarious! *LMAO* And the funny thing is that I've started using these in my vocabulary and blowing people's mind with them.

    Ann Aguirre said...

    These are great.

    Debbie Mumford said...

    Ya know, it's good to keep current your vocabulary! ROFL

    http://debbie-mumford.blogspot.com/

    Savannah Chase said...

    Love the list, always learn something new...

    http://www.savannahchase.com/blog

    Danielle Marie Peck said...

    Those are so great! I love the last one, that's way funny. Kind of makes me think of that futuristic movie with Sandra Bullock and Sly Stallone, Demolition Man, when they have virtual sex.

    http://www.lovin-the-writers-life.blogspot.com

    Robin L. Rotham said...

    These are awesome -- thanks for the laugh!

    Abby Niles said...

    These are great, lol. Love the designated drunk!

    Moondancer said...

    *giggle* great list.

    http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com

    Paige Tyler said...

    LOL! Too funny!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    Anonymous said...

    typeractive - cool, a new word to call the teen girls!

    I have a word thing on my TT today too, Jenna :)

    Anonymous said...

    These are great, Paige!

    My TT is at http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com.

    Amelia June said...

    Textual Intercourse, LOL I'll have to start using that one!

    Happy TT :D

    http://www.ameliajune.net/blog

    Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

    OMG, these were hysterical! Generally those backseat buyers get me all excited and I wind up pregretting the purchase while I'm still on line for the cashier. LOL

    Susan Helene Gottfried said...

    Awesome list, Jenna!

    Kate Willoughby said...

    My kids have serious technolust. :)