Sunday, September 02, 2007

Online Writing Contests

I love a free contest. Starting out, writing can be such an expensive career. Memberships and contests and postage for submissions...to say nothing of exploding your computer and making your printer start to smoke...I know we are all pressed for time, but I do try to stop in the two contests running now each week and see what is on the boards. Sometimes for a great read, sometimes to give whatever advice I can. Romance Junkies Writing Contest is easier to offer comments, IMHO...they are kept private. I can't bring myself to say anything too...constructive on Gather. Still...worth checking out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me of that...I know some people who have done well out of the RJ contest and I had some nice comments when I entered it, so it's always good to pay it back.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yeah, I have the same problem with Gather. When I first joined, there was more constructive stuff, but not so much anymore.

KATZ said...

Jenna -- glad you found my entry on gather!! Thanks so much! :)