Saturday, November 04, 2006

NaNo panic attack!


I'm all over the map on this one! I was waiting to hear back from my lovely editor on which story to write, so I didn't plot my NaNo. Not usually a problem...but...this story is getting away from me for a couple of reasons:
  1. My hero has no conflict. He just loves her. End of story. Not good on page 17.
  2. They've (ahem) twice already. Again, by page 17.
  3. I'm having to watch my timeline with a stopwatch since it takes place in the same time frame as Just One Spark.
  4. I have no idea is even interested in a JOS follow-up.
  5. There are other stories I could be writing. Though they all have similar problems...
What would you do? Start over, or push on? I'll let you know what I do...after the weekend is over!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I had that problem last year. I made me self keep going, and at the end of the month, at least half of my 50k got completely trashed. I keep telling myself that it's salvagable, though, since I really liked my fcharacters.

Karen Erickson said...

Gosh Jenna I don't know what to tell you. If there isn't enough conflict, it's still early in the NaNo game and I might be tempted just to trash it and start over.

But that's just me...

Love the Yahoo avatar BTW.

Janet Ch said...

Find him a conflict,then push on.

Unknown said...

Oh, you make me laugh. Find him a conflict. Geesh, that sounds like something I would say.

What's a good conflict? I'm desperate, I'll borrow :)