Thursday, November 02, 2006

The multiple personalities of a writers mind


Here's another problem I have...I have a hard time settling down to write one book. What's worse, I can't double dip, the characterization goes wonky. Someday, when I am a better writer. But as for today...this l'il problem of mine is stinking up my NaNo.

I can't decide what book to write. So...I started a Just One Spark follow up with Kate and Derek called Sure Thing. I thought, hey, I know them, easy peasy. Except...the timeline overlaps so I have to be careful with the order of things...and I need to find Derek's conflict. Since he falls in love with Kate at first...um...experience, I don't see a problem for him. Yet. It's there.













But then...there are a few other stories buzzing around too. Ones with more conflict, I think. Though. Hmmm. I'm not sure if my editor will like any of them. The friendly inseam measuring story or the reunion after a near death experience or the walk in with the faulty door. All have um...fun scenes at the start....

Derek, dude, what's your cheese? I mean, besides trying to analyze everyone? Because Kate doesn't mind. She thinks that's cute. (Send me good writing vibes, will ya?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S Derek? Holy cow I never pictured him to be that gorgeous. mmmmm yummy

Me? I just wish I had the energy to write. This gastro has knocked me flat out :(

Danielle Marie Peck said...

Gramps Pants!! I love it, Jenna, that's way funny. I was born and raised there.

All of my family still lives in the Grants Pass/Medford areas. And yes, K-falls could be considered the armpit of Oregon :o)

I look forward to reading a fiction novel that takes place in my old stomping grounds.

Unknown said...

The McNally's are a family of hotties. I still have not found Derek's major malfunction...and I fear this book is tripping into Blaze category. Page 15...and there have been two (cough) scenes. I dunno about this book...

Danielle Marie Peck said...

You grew up in Dedford? Wow, what a small world. My sister lives in Medford, the other two live in Gramps Pants. My hubby grew up in Gold Hill and Central Point. I'll be going down to GP for Turkey Day to visit the family...visits are all I can handle down there anymore, it's gotten too big. I like my little island where I live now, much smaller, slower paced.. like Gramps Pants used to be :o)