Saturday, October 07, 2006

Emerald City Update!

I'm here, in Seattle at the Emerald City conference, networking my timid self all around. I did my pitches...and got requests from both Berkley & Avon, so I am quite excited. I already sent the query/syno/1st 3 chapters to my agent to get off to them. I've done some great workshops too.

Up last night was Pitchfest to get me ready to present my books today. I did a few pitches, and they helped me select the strongest pitch - Little White Lies/If You Say So...my virgin hero story. It was helpfup to get a dry run from such a supportive audience.

Then came The Fragrant Mind; using your sense of smell to add depth to your writing. We did a smell test of different essential oils...oh my! Some things are stinky!

Today started with Cycles in the Romance Market. It was interesting to see how generational charactaristics flow...but I am not sure how to incorporate the information.

Wanted: Dead or Alive - Romantic Comedy was fun...watching TV is the best way to find out what is hot in the comedy market...NEXT has gone to 2 books a month....and Desire is open to comedic voices. Who knew?

Now that the pitch pressure is off...I can really enjoy my workshops tomorrow. If only I can decide which ones to take...there are so many good options!

3 comments:

Emma Petersen said...

Hey Jenna! It was so nice meeting you! I had such a blast at the luncheon! :D

TJ Brown said...

I so wish I had gone!
Teri

Cole Reising said...

Wow it really sounds like fun! Congrats on the requests!

Cole