Thursday, October 19, 2006

Black Moments Suck

No, not my mood. I'm getting over myself. We have a big family weekend planned, and I had some serious craft therapy with the kids. Halloween is an all month event with me.

I'm talking about writing that dark moment. This is esspecially hard when you are panstering a novel, or writing without a plan. This blow-up between my characters is so dark and so deep...really, can I pull them back from this? And the words will just tear at my heroine, who had become a real person to me. She's going to cry (she's a big crier, this one) and I don't want her to. I want her to stand her ground. Not sure how she'll pull that off. Or how he's going to see a way back...

Which scares me. If I can't get them back together, I have no book. Egad.

There are so many hurdles that writers block throws at you. This isn't a true block...just a need for a solid chunk of time so I can write the black moment and let it flow into the resolution without going crazy and losing sleep. Truly, I can't sleep after I break my characters up unless I know how they'll get back. Just like I can't stop reading a book at that point, I can't stop writing it either!

Wish me luck on finding a chunk of time...parent teacher conferences mean no school today...and a family filled weekend. Joy?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, wishing you luck!
And congratulations on your part in the Freya's Bower anthology.
Immi
x

Karen Erickson said...

Wishing you lots of luck Jenna! I hope you find a decent chunk of time so you can write that scene and let it flow.

Halloween is an all month thing for us too. It's just too much fun. :)