Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So Many Books, So Little Time

I've been reading instead of writing. Bad girl, I know. But with my health issues I've been reading up on diets - though I decided to go back to Dr. Phil which worked last time - and getting lost in other books. Plus...I found out you can get some real bargains on eBay...

I think I have a book addiction. Really. I have shelves of unread books, yet I am always looking for more...and now I can call reading 'work'.

Think there is a 12-step program for reading addicts?

4 comments:

April said...

LOL... Jenna, I totally understand your addiction. I'm fighting it too :-)

Send me your email addy at alarwrtr at yahoo dot com and I'll send you the word flirt button thingy :-)

Karen Erickson said...

If you find the 12 step program please let me know about it cos I'll have to join.

I have tons of books hanging around I still need to read yet I go and buy more, more, more. Ridiculous. My husband thinks I've lost my mind.

I'm reading a good Blaze right now - Jo Leigh's Closer. You'd probably like it, Jenna...

See?! I'm no help whatsoever!!!!!

Julie S said...

There is a cure for book addiction. Right after college, I went through a phase where I refused to read romance and would only read "heavy" stuff. It was fun for a while. Then it started to suck. So I gave up reading altogether...always made excuses. So if you really don't want to read, take some non-romance books out of the library (the really long books, 800-1000 pages)and force yourself to read them. You will want to do anything but read. LOL.

Unknown said...

Ahem..been there, cured myself of it. For me, it's all about balance. I try and read one classic or non-fic for each romance - vegetables & chocolate. And...those classics are FANTASTIC on audio. Seriously. So many of them were written to be read aloud, and it really shows.