Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I am the Mom I wanted to be (a non-writing post)

Getting pregnant with BigBoy was a long battle for us. I used to lay awake at night, praying and schemeing about the kind of mother I would be if only a child would come to us. This weekend, I was that woman.

Usually, I'm her for a few hours every day, but this weekend we took a trip to the coast and I was on, HubbaBubba was on, the boys were on - well, except for trying to get them to sleep in the hotel. But I digress.

We had the kind of vacation I wanted to give them. Oregon Coast Aquarium, Marine Science Center, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Wax Museum, Undersea Gardens, Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, Yaquina Head Lighthouse, tidepools, marina, pier, Devils Punchbowl, Cape Foulweather, and the beach every day. I am exhausted! And excited.

I was almost able to keep up with them. I was a little wary of the ocean, since I have so little energy I was worried I wouldn't be able to help them if they fell. But I don't think they noticed. We distracted them with kites and sandcastles.

Now I'm back, and back to work. Tommorrow.

1 comment:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

How awesome, Jenna. I'm so glad you got to feel that way. I often
joke I'm not saving money for my kids college, but for their therapy. Problem is, there is a large part of me that really believes that. *Sigh*. I hope you had a great time. It sounds like you did.