Monday, March 03, 2014

Cooking Up A Seduction Teaser


“I thought you’d gone home.” He crossed the kitchen and stood next to her at the counter. “Since you could never be in a relationship with me and all.”

“Cameron,” she turned to face him, but from the tremble in her lips he knew she suppressed a smile. “This isn’t a joke. Playing for one night is one thing, but a relationship is another.”

“Oh, I don’t think Anders was joking. He’s probably contracting someone to draw up our prenup right now, just to ensure every party I throw is as good as this one. You did a wonderful job.”

“I could never marry someone who thinks marriage requires an escape hatch.”

“What?” Cameron laughed again. She certainly had a fresh way of phrasing everything. With a smile, he started looking about the kitchen for some sign of sustenance.

“A prenuptial agreement. I’ll never sign one, or marry someone who’s not fully committed to making a marriage work.” She stood taller, pulling her creamy shoulders back.

“Before you get too indignant about it, I have to have one. It’s part of my employment agreement so divorces don’t affect the other partners.” He stepped closer, and then closer than he knew he should. She’d had her hands on him all evening. Had it been just for show, or could there be more to it? “But then that’s not really the issue here.”

“What are you doing?” Her bottom lip trembled in a completely different way.

Cooking Up A Seduction

No comments: