Monday, March 14, 2011

Movie Monday :: The Ugly Truth

Morning show TV producer in a ratings slump must take on a chauvenistic public access star to please the network execs. He's as slick as oil, she's as tart as vinegar...together they wind up making a great dressing.

OK, lame example. But this was lots of fun, especially since at the end, neitther of them could put their finger on what or why they fell in love. Which is reality.

I loved how together and driven she was, yet completely insecure in relationships. I think more women feel that way than not. I liked how he could separate the good parts of himself for his nephew and the not for child viewing parts too. I think lots of men compartmentalize that way.

Plus, this movie has the same soundtrack as my bootcamp class.

No comments: