Friday, April 25, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

To finish, or put it aside, that is the question. I heard from the brilliant editor today about the partial of Mr. Possibly. Good news - she liked the concept, but she did have a few concerns. Nothing so big she didn't think I couldn't go on with the chapters as they are...but I happen to agree with her points so I want to change them a bit to make sure they're as good as I can make them, not merely good enough.

But...I am on the downhill slide of First Impressions. It is nearly done. In fact, I put them on a plane to Hawaii today, and since I love Hawaii I know it will be smooth sailing. However...I could have a baby any hour and so lose my brain for a bit. In a perfect world I would finish the draft of First Impressions, put it aside while I rework Mr. Possibly's partial, then edit FI while the brilliant editor falls in love with MP, give her the full or FI while I writ MP...and have her fall in love with both books.

In my world? Eep! I don't know what to do! And to complicate it more? The brilliant editor is having a baby too! About three weeks after me. Hmmm...what would you do first?

FIRST IMPRESSIONS


36262 / 50000 words. 73% done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure which way to go here. I'm such a plotter, I could easily set one aside and come back to it later. But I know that isn't your thing ;)