Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday 13!

JenniMac got me thinking with her 13 this week about her fave TV shows...I thought I'd take it one step too far. 13 guility pleasure TV shows. I don't watch much TV, but when I do I want mindless crap, and I bet that's what you turn to when you need to unwind...what are your guilty pleasure shows? You know you have them!


Thirteen Guilty Pleasure TV shows


1…. The Girls Next Door - I'm not the only one watching and wondering how this real life Big Love arrangement works. I also keep thinking one of these days Holly will pull Kendra around by her hair extensions. We're all waiting...
2…. The Real World Las Vegas Reunited - I loved this group the first time around, and I love seeing how they have...and have not...grown up. What is fun is the person I think most viewers were sure was going to screw her life up is completly normal.
3…. Real World Road Rules Challenge This is all those people from RR and RW who haven't grown tired of the scene.
4…. Deadliest Catch - This show is an accident waiting to happen...but unlike my other choices, it is completely safe to watch with kids. They bleep out all cussing with a ships horn.
5…. The Simple Life. Come on. I am not the only one watching or it wouldn't still be on the air. This season they are camp counsellors. Fat camp week was hillarious. Not so happy with Pageant camp week. Hopefully it gets better and they stop teasing poor camp counselor boy who has a crush on Paris.
6…. Celebrity Fit Club - Not sure why I watch this. Especially this season. It has two child stars who are normal and one who needs millions of hours of therapy. Ugh.
7…. Survivor - not on right now, but I always watch. It's like a tic I have. Even when it is a bad season.
8…. Dallas - as in the prime time soap from the 80s. I have no idea why I love this show. I just...just...do. I mean...it was on when I was born I think. Still, love it.
9…. The Bad Girls Club - I'm seeing a pattern. I like train wrecks.
10…. I Love New York - Yeah. I watched it. That's why it's called a guilty pleasure. Like Pop Rocks.
11…. Trick My Truck - A makeover show about semi-trucks. Another one the boys like to watch with me. Seriously makes me doubt my girliness, but there you go.
12…. Born Country - This is serious hick TV, which must be what I love. Karaoke, line dancing...it's all there.
13…. Oprah reruns. I have no problem with people watching Oprah when it is a new episode, but why oh why do I watch the reruns?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
  1. Crimson Wife
  2. Babe King
  3. R.G. ALEXANDER
  4. Laura Rose
  5. Bernadette Gardner and Jennifer Colgan
  6. JenniMac the Charm School watcher
  7. Ann Aguirre
  8. Darla
  9. Jennifer Shirk
  10. Tempest Knight who also watches Girls Next Door
  11. Debbie Mumford
  12. Ember Case
  13. Rhonda Stapleton admits to watching Joe Millionaire
  14. Paige Tyler
  15. Robin L. Rotham
  16. Kate Willoughby

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

24 comments:

Crimson Wife said...

I watched the season of "Celebrity Fit Club" that had Carnie Wilson & Vincent Pastore from the Sopranos. I thought it was fairly interesting though I prefer the Discovery Body Challenge show.

Babe King said...

Sounds like a busy week. :-)
http://babes-always-write.blogspot.com/

Babe King said...

Hmm, that comment was for Laura's blog. Wonder what happened there? I've only seen Survivor. None of the others. I'm not big on TV though.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

My Hubby has recently become obsessed with Deadliest Catch. I try not to get crazy about shows anymore-I have bad mojo-everytime I love them they get cancelled. :(

Laura Rose said...

TV? TV!!??!! Who's got time for TV??

Two Voices Publishing said...

What is it about Deadliest Catch? I've come across so many women who love it - I've got to check it out.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Well, Jenna, I'm going to out myself.

I caught myself watching two shows that I'd never let anyone see me watching.

Flavor Of Love: Charm School
Sheer Genius.

*blushes*

It's so difficult to find out that I sometimes like going to the lowest common denominator.

Ann Aguirre said...

I've never seen any of those shows!

Darla said...

Heh. Out of this list, I've only seen Dallas, and that was back in the 80s. (Loved that Bobby Ewing!)

I feel so out of touch. :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yes! Dallas was a classic!

Remember the "Who shot Jr?" t-shirts? LOL!

Tempest Knight said...

Okay, I admit I watch "The Girls Next Door" just to see what next stupid thing will come out of Kendra's mouth. And also to envy their rich lifestyle. *LOL*

Debbie Mumford said...

Oh, yeah! Give me "mindless" TV anyday! *snort*

http://debbie-mumford.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, never even heard of those! I need to get out more >G<

Paige Tyler said...

We definitely watch Survivor, too!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Robin L. Rotham said...

Wow, I've only watched Dallas and Oprah from your list. I'm really out of touch, aren't I? :D

Kate Willoughby said...

I've watched Deadliest Catch. Maybe it's something about the macho guys out there against nature, alone with each other and wanting women when they come ashore.

But I imagine they smell pretty bad. LOL

Unknown said...

I must be severely out of touch if I've only see Paris Hilton make a fool of herself LOL
Happy T 13 :)

http://adellelaudan.com

Anonymous said...

I watch Oprah re-runs all the time, and I'm damn proud of it. The woman is a legend!!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I've watched Celebrity Fit Club a few times, but didn't stay with it. And I must have outgrown the RR/RW challenge 'cause the Inferno did me in with its stupidity.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched some of these and some I haven't seen in forever. I'd rather read but sometimes Celebrity Fit Club is a blast. I think we only get it a season later.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

If at first you don't succeed...See? I made it! Don't know if it was your computer or mine, but at least I got here. Great list. I Love New York is a stitch, provided you don't take it too seriously. :-)

Heather said...

Actually, I can't stand to watch any of these type of shows. For me it's all about the crime dramas: Cold Case, NCIS, SVU, Criminal Minds -- uhh, maybe I should just make my own list for next week. *grin*

P. Robinson said...

I love watching most of those shows. Deadliest Catch is a winner for my family. Love your blog!

KATZ said...

If we're talking guilty, I've got a few shows... and I don't even consider Survivor guilty!! That one's a must! :)

Worst ones I watch are America's Next Top Model, Amazing Race, and right now, on ESPN Classic... I've rediscovered American Gladiators!! Remember that show?? I'm addicted to the 80's cheesiness! LOL