Monday, June 18, 2007

Samhain's First Line Contest

Is anyone else following the 1st line contest at Samhain? I'm not in it, so it is fun to watch. For those in the running, I'm sure it's a nail biter. The gist is writers subbed the first line of their manuscript...editors narrowed the field, then invited authors to submit a second line...and now they are on a third line...

No surprise my favorites ::

21 “The dog shoplifts.” Sandra Morton eyeballed the German Shepherd sitting on the sidewalk outside her house — a glossy, black-and-tan, big-boned beauty and, according to Seeing Eye liaison Tom Crane, a terminal kleptomaniac.

59 “My father wants me to get married and have babies, and I want you for that job.”Iris Bellows looked up from the folder she was absorbed in, surprised to see a strange man in her lab babbling on about her having his babies, and pressed the alarm button with her toe.

But wouldn't you know it...these two haven't posted their third line! What ARE you waiting for? Hmmm? :)

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

My fave is the kleptomaniac dog... I LOVE it. I can't wait to see what comes next!