Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday Wrap Up

Submitting manuscripts make me nervous, since we all know how well I do with rejection. But I havent found an editor willing to pay me for what I haven't shown them. Someday...

Until then, the agent has a partial and a full out two two pubs, I have two fulls, a partial, a chapter, and a short out to 5 pubs. Yes, it seems I like to spread myself around.

Now that the publishing world is about to break down my door, let's talk about betrayal shall we? As a segway, that sucked, but I can't get THE UNIT off of my mind. Why am I watching a shoot 'em up military show? Amanda told me to, that it would be good for characterisation in case I ever write that soldier story. OK. So...it's very well done and I've started to watch it. Religously. And then last night one of the guys up and cheated on his wife.

Seriously, I had trouble sleeping. Infidelity bothers me, but especially in those circumstances. And then today I realised how spot on the characterisation had to be to create this deep of a reaction in me. Not sure I'll ever watch the show again - he was my fave, so it's like he cheated on me - but they did their job well.

Thank goodness for the world of romance novels. I can't handle this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love The Unit (if you define love as if House weren't on at the same time, I'd watch it every week). Last nights second episode disturbed me too. I guess part of it is that Tiffy was very, very bad last season, having an affair with Mack's CO every time Mack was out of the country. She was destructive, and came very close to destroying both is career AND their marriage. Now this happens, after Tiffy seems to have gotten herself on track.

I'm going to have some faith in the writers here though. I think one reason I like this show is that they show the pressures that can tear people and relationships apart .

And the first episode last night has got to be one of my absolute favorite The Unit's I've seen. At the end when they walk past the ambulance in the tree, it gave me goosebumps.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I didn't see last night's episode, so I don't even know who had an affair, but was it Mach? Because Tiffy's been cheating on him pretty much all last season.

Unknown said...

Yeah...whith Crystal! I mean...Crystal? Come on!

I need to get over this. It is just TV. Well done TV, but still!