Saturday, February 10, 2007

Website Watching Weekend

I'm going off the net for the weekend to get some work done, but here's what's been distracting me this week ::

A new blog launched dedicated to HQ's Presents line. This week the executive editor was sharing why she loves the line so much.

Of course I am enamoured by the Pink Heart Society. The week started with Colin Farrell and ended with a first sale by one of our members. What do you expect but devotion?

I edit reviews there, and they've kept me busy! That, and they have free reads, and we know how I love a good short story.

The Best Query Letter contest was on, and since I am hosting a round table on queries next weekend, I had to get my fill. Oh, and rant about The Unit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!

I love your blog. I had to tell you well in advance of it's publication about my book,
Pretty Little Mistakes. It's a choose-your-own-adventure book for women.

(www.prettylittlemistakes.com)

It's like a romance novel - well it is a romance novel, but you get to look for love and see if you wind up happy or not.

You get to decide whether you get married, have kids, sleep around, keep an accidental pregnancy, have affairs, start companys, move to Paris, move to Italy, sleep a member of the mafia, get religion, join a sex cult, have accidental sex with a monkey....There are over 150 endings and they all take you to your death and your afterlife - if there is one.

Newsweek did a story as did MSNBC and People Magazine just called - but you women, you're the one who I want to know about the book!

So you can pre-order a copy on Amazon, or you can wait till MAY 1st, when the book will be on shelves (doesn't that seem like forever away?? But it's not!!) and then hopefully you might review it on your fab site.

I am also going to be in Portland reading at Powells on June 15th! Come and see me!


Heather McElhatton

Natalie Anderson said...

Good for you going offline to get some work done - exactly what I should be doing right now! Hope you got heaps done - I'm looking forward to reading your next book! :)