Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I LIED!!

I said I was starting something new today…but after the doctor this morning and the ‘I’m not worthy’ feeling form reading Mia Zachary’s latest, Afternoon Delight, I decided to do some studying up instead. I have to raise my game if I want to share shelf space with a book as richly layered and emotionally poignant as Afternoon Delight.

So…I went trolling for craft articles. Here’s my day in class. Best of all – it was free!

Writing Articles
Synopsis Creation-Plot Revision by Alicia Rasley - example of how to fix a bad syno
How to Plot when you Can't by Sarah Smith - plotting with notecards
Honing your Synopsis Skills by Joanne Rock - emotional landmarks make the syno, not just a string of events
Synopsis by Linda Needham - synopsis worksheet
Writing Romantic Suspense by Adrianne Lee - conflict plot plan worksheet
Jumpstarting a Stalled Scene with Deborah Hale - great emergency backup for when your Muse goes on strike
Taking a Risk with Anti-Heroes with Theresa Weir - Q&A
The Importance of Friendship in Romance by Julia Quinn
Top Ten Plotting Problems by Alicia Rasley - great!!
THE FOUR POINT PLOT LINE by C. J. Hannah - good to help focus a syno
Plotting Your Novel by Stella Cameron - 6 steps to a perfect plot

And...my editor is scheduled to call me this morning. Hope it's good news. I'd like to stop being the only 'published' author who talks about their rejections. Even if it does help my pre-pubbed comrades, it stings, people!

5 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Hope the call goes well. Thanks for the list of writing books. I can use it.

Unknown said...

Not books, just random web articles on writing. I think they are usually talks that an author gave, then posts on their website as an article. Gotta love free.

Lynn said...

Great list! I'm going to be following the links and bookmarking the pages.

Thanks for posting!

Karen Erickson said...

Good luck, good luck on your call! And I'm sure it stings, I'd much rather hear about your buys vs your rejections!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the web articles. I love free too. :)

Kelley Nyrae said...

Thanks for the articles! I know I can use all the help I can get.
Good luck with your call today!!!