Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Against The Grain

Since I pulled grains from my diet, I find I am much nicer to myself food-wise. Breakfast was cereal or oatmeal depending on time. Lunch used to be PBJ or a turkey sandwich if I had a moment. Crackers for a snack. Dinner always needed bread, pasta, rice...and now that all seems so bland.

I'm treating myself so much better, at least food-wise. I take the time to make things I would only have ordered in restaurants. Like Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing. Delish. Or my favorite Cobb Salad.

Dinners have had to be more creative since I'm the only one in the house against the grain. Stir-fry has become a staple because they can eat it with rice, while I just have the entree. Last night was family favorite Orange Beef with Green Beans. 

Breakfast is usually an omelet, though sometimes I go crazy with coconut pancakes or cheesecake pancakes...which are free of grains. Just looking at todays vegie omelet makes me feel healthier.

Now if I could just convince myself to do a few sit-ups...

No comments: