Thursday, March 06, 2008

Come Over and See Me Sometime...

This weekend I'm giving a workshop about taking rejected manuscripts and fixing them for other publishers. It's something I've done myself, moving Just One Spark from a Blaze reject to a Modern Extra title, taking category hopefuls Her Cinderella Complex and For Kicks and expanding them for Samhain and Black Lyon.

If you are in the Portland area this Saturday...and lots of people are because of the EPIC conference that I don't get to go to even though the poetry anthology I'm in was nominated for an EPPIE (Broke, me? You betcha! A little bitter too...It's going to win and I won't be there to see the publisher squee.)...feel free to stop by the meeting and hear what I have to say...or just say 'hi' :)

Salvaging Your Rejected Romance : From rejection to revision to sale

Forget following the guidelines, nailing the word count, and mirroring the tone of the line. If an editor doesn’t see a slot for your book within the line you’ve targeted, it doesn’t mean your story isn’t worth hearing. Join two multi-published authors in examining why your story didn’t fit, how to make it work in another form, and where it may eventually find a home. Presented by Jenna Bayley-Burke (Mills & Boon, Samhain, Black Lyon) & Heather Hiestand (Ceridwen Press, Ellora's Cave) - Rose City Romance Writers, Portland Community College

70 Days of Sweat

7022 / 50000 words. 14% done!

1 comment:

Gwen Mitchell said...

Wow, is that this weekend already? Jeez. I won't be at either, but good luck with your presentation (which I *NEED* BTW - my submissions are piling up and I have no idea what to do with them) and with your anthology - I hope it does win!