Friday, January 11, 2008

The Rant

What kind of genius decided pregnant women should wear spandex?

Spandex. It is in EVERY maternity t-shirt I've found. I do not care to have clothes clinging to parts of me that should be concealed.

AND...why does every maternity blouse insist on having a band or bow above the belly. Not bad in theory...but when your belly expands so does your bustline...and it looks like your boobs are eating the bow. I am not interested in hungry cleavage.

Seriously...I am wearing maternity stuff from when I had the boys. With them, my issue was that things were ugly. Now, they have cute things...but they'd only look cute on you if you weren't actually with child.

3 comments:

Dara Edmondson said...

LOL!!! Lately I've seen these skinny-as-a-rail pregnant women wearing such form-fitting wear. From my perspective, it makes them look like an olive stabbed by a toothpick! I think the spandex movement is all about the Look-at-me-I'm-pregnant thing.
Like you, I prefered the looser, more flowy clothes.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Ugh!!! I don't like clinging when I'm NOT preggers. Mainly because I kind of look preggers normally. LOL.
Good luck finding some cute stuff.
Did you try online?

Melissa Blue said...

Lol. Just think of it this way. You're boobs will never go hungry.