Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen





Thirteen Things I missed while at RWA Nationals 2007

1…. My parents visit. They were here to take care of the boys while I was away. Everyone else saw them but me.
2…. Japanese Garden - The folks took the boys there. They liked it, but they aren't so keen on going back right away.
3…. Arthur - you know, the children's character? There is an exhibit at the children's museum, but my oldest has decided he is too old for Aruthur after seein the exhibit with my folks.
4…. Catching up with Hubba Bubba. "Oh, I didn't tell you because it happened while you were gone" is his favorite phrase
5…. I came home to a new front yard at my next door neighbors house. Looks fab. Makes me want to re-do mine, but I spent our savings in Dallas
6…. Birkenstocks. What was I thinking with all the cute shoes? I mean, really?
7…. Shorts. And having to dress up every day? I LOVE not having to dress up every day.
8…. Ponytails. I only wore them at night, as opposed to every day after say...noon.
9…. Playgrounds. You wouldn't think...but BigBoy is starting to figure out the monkey bars and I know any day now he'll make it all the way across. It is a thrill each time we go to watch him try.
10…. Fruit. If I never see another muffin, it will be too soon.
11…. Internet. I was sharing with Trish, and we were so busy anyway...I didn't even check in at my usual haunts. Talk about withdrawal.
12…. Sitting on the floor. It is my prefered seat, but so not done. Thankfully I did have a M&B author get together where I could. Quite the relief not to have to be 'on'
13…. My boys. OK. I'll admit it. It freaked me out being gone so long. And I kept calling when BabyBoy was asleep, which made it worse. I haven't been able to let them out of my sight all week. Thankfully, they are a tolerant duo - or maybe they missed me too.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Rhonda Stapleton -- Funny T-shirt slogans
2. Tempest Knight -- Naughty Sex Toys
3. Marguerite Labbe -- Loves her job
4. Adelle Laudan -- A woman should have...
5. Gina Ardito
6. RG Alexander -- Happy Thoughts
7. Paige Tyler -- TV shows
8. Susan Helene Gottfried -- Character Q&A

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


**At least the evil eye waited until today to return. Wish me luck telling the boys there will be no zoo today...

12 comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

LOL--weird how you miss the kids when you're not around them, isn't it? :D

Unknown said...

I can so relate. My girls have been gone since last Friday and won't be home until this weekend some time. Gawd I miss them sooooo much!

Tempest Knight said...

Good to have you back! *g*

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I love the casual part. Dress up is fun-but barefoot with my ugly hair bun feels soooooooo much better. :)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to so many, especially the ones about the kids and the dressing up.

Paige Tyler said...

Great list! I so love Birkenstocks, too!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yeah, this is why I yell at my parents when they want to do things with the kids and not me. I HATE missing out on the good stuff!

However, Dallas was worth it, it sounds like. Gotta take the good with the bad at times, I suppose.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

But admit it: It was a blast!!!

Heather said...

Aw, but think of all the stuff you got to do that the rest of us poor slobs (emphasis on POOR) missed out on. Hope you're getting plenty of hugs this week from your boys!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I think that's what I'd miss. I just KNOW that they'll learn something amazing while I'm gone.
Mine has almost mastered the monkey bars too AND I was right there when he started to swing on his own.
You're right. I don't wanna miss it. Well, for conference I would. LOL.

P. Robinson said...

It's always nice to go on vacation but boy is it nice to get home!
Kissa

Karen Erickson said...

I totally missed out on my parents' visit and I was bummed! Oh well...

Go to my blog I have a pic of you up on it and you look HOT!!! :)