Saturday, July 07, 2007

Countdown to Nationals

And now I pretend not to panic!

Ack! Really, I am ready. I confirmed the hotel, reserved the shuttle from the airport, found white shoes...so aside from packing, and figuring how to lug luggage one handed...

I'm trying to decide about the scar left over from the wrist surgery. I have decided I am working this thing into a book at some point...because...well, it looks like I tried to end it all. And first impressions being what they are, are people going to see my wrist and think -- unstable!

Well, I am unstable. I did fall over my own two feet, but still. A bandage over it would draw more attention, I think. Touching the scar is painful, so bracelets are out...should I just catch people looking and say "I fell."

And my shoulders are sunburned. And I only have one pair of magic knickers...so the rest of the time I'll be comfy if not as cute in my dresses...do I pack snacks? Do I bring the laptop? Does that count as my carry on? And my business cards are old...they have no book titles on them...but I have hundreds...

You see?

No comments: