Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Every Book Has a Thing...

By the time you read a book, it is 'done and dusted' as the lovely editor likes to say. Polished until sparkling. But every manuscript has an issue that drives the writer to chocolate during the editing process. I've had a had habit, extreme was-zle infestation, repetitive just-ing, just to name a few. (Yes, I used had & just in that sentence to annoy my vacationing CP). This book has my chronic problem, typo-itis, to the nth degree.

Lots of , when there should be . I can't count how many times an o was left floating, waiting to become an on, of, or, oh. I mean...I even mispelled Don Jaun. What gives?

On the bright side...DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION is edited :) I'm toying with the idea of adding an epilogue before I shoot it off to the editor tonight...

4 comments:

Ally Blake said...

Ooooh, Jenna!!!! I'm so excited the book's done!!! Why I went to war with you and Trish I have no idea.

But at least my Rom revisions are done and dusted too so that's something, right?

Ally

April said...

Was-zle... I'm particularly familiar with that one :o) Congrats on being finished!!!

Natalie Anderson said...

Go Jenna!!! Have fun pressing 'send' tonight- I HATE that moment. And I hate the waiting more!!!!!

Karen Erickson said...

This book sounds great Jenna - good luck! I'm a just kind of writer - I just like using that word, ya know? ;)