Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Life is Tripping!

You know...when I started this war of words with Ally & Trish I thought for sure I would smoke them. I mean, I have a sexy Frenchman and a saucy Latina. No competition.

But then, life happened. I got the green light on the book the DAY my folks were heading back after entertaining my kidlets for Spring Break. Then Hubba Bubba became enamored with work and started to live in his little cubicle. Then my go-to brother up and bought his new bride a place to live and got all busy with moving into a place with an actual kitchen (The other brother and I have doll house sized kitchens, so we are pea green with envy that he was smart enough to find a place where he could turn around without ramming the fridge. Come to think of it, I bet it was the bride who figured that out.) Other brother has a job and a wife, hence he can't stare at the dervishes during the day. My cousin with the equally whirling small boy is in England, so no help there. And my mother-in-law hurt her back. See? The boys are all mine!


Now... my mission... and I have no choice but to accept... write a fun and flirty while emotionally intense book while keeping one eye on Trouble and the other on More Trouble. Wait, where is my eye for the screen?

5 comments:

Laura Rose said...

Darling, take a deep breath, close your eyes for at least a second and exhale slowwwwwly. Maybe I can't talk since I don't have children, but Trouble is back in my life so I kinda get it. As for the third eye, I know you have one. Yes, you do. It's just a matter of finding the energy to use it. ;)

I'd come and babysit but the airfare would kill me and the jetlag would make me useless.

Fiona Lowe said...

I'm juggling a dead line and school holidays so I hear you. My advice is Help with the move, play with the boys and next week write.

Oh and fill me in on what the 'go ahead' means on the book.
Congrats on the Sale to Sahmian

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

lol Jenna.

That's what nights are for!!
Works for me :)

Ally Blake said...

Life finds a way of happening right when we want eveything to simply go on as before dontcha reckon?

But Jenna, honey bun, take solace in the fact you are smoking me nonetheless ;)!

Ally

Anonymous said...

and that would be why I haven't written anything in a month! LOL Hence my night away on Friday. Ahhh. :-) I so wish you were coming up here for Write On Vancouver.