Monday, April 16, 2007

Drafting versus Writing

My CP was nice enough to read through what I have of Driven to Distraction and make me a list of things to fix (bless you!)...and as I am going through I am realizing...I'm not writing this novel, I am drafting it.

I wrote Cooking Up A Storm. I drafted Just One Spark. When I write, things stay pretty much the same throughout...when I draft I put down the bones, then go back and layer, then go back and edit...

Not sure what that means for this book...but the next one I am going to try First Draft in 30 again. I need to get some books out quick like! Characters are clouding up my head!

2 comments:

Laura Rose said...

Your CP still has chapter six to go...

*wanders away whistling like she has no idea you mean her*

...work sucks, too tired, need a nap!

Dayna_Hart said...

Wouldn't it be nice if the characters would just get out on their own?

Good luck, Jenna, you can do it.