Friday, November 25, 2011

Primal Cheese Bread!


My new favorite recipe for quick-breads works for savory loafs too! You can only imagine how relieved I am. Makes me want to make some tomato bisque or broccoli cheese soup...or even a grilled cheese sandwich.
Primal Cheese Bread

Heat oven to 325. Grease your small loaf pan. Mix together ::


1/2 cup almond butter
2 eggs
1/4 melted butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/2 t baking powder
pinch of garlic powder, onion powder...if you have it

Pour into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes It smells...so good! Next time, I think I'll make it was parmesan and a pinch of dried oregano. Bread is back!

2 comments:

therese patrick, author said...

I don't beak a lot of bread but the list of ingredients sounds more like an omelet with applesauce. Did you miss an ingredient? Like flour? :D

Unknown said...

I've gone gluten free, so no flour :) I was missing bread, and these fill that hole. But, they're not doughy like actual bread.