Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Noodles

In my house, the crock pot is for pot roast and split pea soup. We've tried other recipes, but always wind up ordering pizza. Until...I dreamed this little number up.

It is easy enough for kids to prep. No joke. You need a crockpot, frozen chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) a can of coconut milk, a jar of curry sauce, and a box of rice noodles.


What an unappetising picture!

Turn the crockpot on low, drop in the chicken thighs (5 or so) pour the curry sauce over, add the coconut milk, cover and ignore for the day.

6 or 8 or 10 hours later, stir the curry...the chicken shreds itself!



Submerge the rice noodles...wait 10 minutes...or 40. Whenever. And voila! Chicken and noodles!

I know, I know...the kids eat curry? Yes, happily - even my pickiest one. Because I use mild curry. But, it's fantastic with pretty much any kind of curry. And if your careful about the jarred curry sauce? Gluten free. Can't beat it.

You can find jars of curry sauce in the Asian food section of the grocery store...I found this one at Albertsons!

No comments: