Tuesday, October 16, 2007

For the love of Category...

Dear Author has had a great discussion about category romance this week. I thought I'd pull some of my favorite quotes :)

I think it’s incredibly hard to write category. -- Charlene
Teglia

Writing a single title is like producing Swan Lake–the big stage, all the
lights, the choreography, the cast, the costumes, the music. Category is
producing Swan Lake in a phone booth. It takes a lot of skill to pull it off. --
Nora Roberts (attributed to a freind of hers)

Category romances are some of my favorite reading material when I’m extra
busy and need something to read for short periods of time -- Angela
James

I’ve always considered them the hardest genre for an author to write. There’s
just so much that has to go on in such a short amount of time. I’m always in awe
of writers that do it well. -- Sarah McCarty

I find great categoricals perfect when it comes to giving an emotional
punch–good story, goes straight into the relationship, then Pow! great conflict,
and very satisfying ending. -- Gennita Low

No comments: