Thursday, December 08, 2016

It's National Brownie Day!

Who am I to deny such a day a pan or three of brownies? It's my civic duty!

Plus, it reminded be of this exchange in Compromising Positions in David's office ::

“Sophie, how much longer is this going to take?”

“Depends. Why?” Her eyes narrowed as she looked at David. “I warn you. If you say you have a date, I can’t be held accountable for my actions.”

He smiled. “I’m hungry.”

She rolled her eyes. “You’re always hungry.”

He nodded. “How about if I order a pizza? Do you like Pizzicato?”

She shrugged as the spreadsheets began to dance in front of her. “Hot Lips is better.”

“Sophie, you promised no kissing until after.”

“Hot Lips Pizza, you pervert. I thought you actually lived in this town. Pizzicato is too gourmet for me. Hot Lips is more New York. They have a store right by the university, so I got hooked. They also have one in the Pearl District, way too close to Working It Out.” She smiled and looked up at his confused expression. 

“Whatever you want.”

“What’s good?”


“The brownies.”

Compromising Positions

No comments: