Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday Thirteen Interview :: Liz Everly



1. Latest release?  Like Honey , the third in my SAFFRON NIGHTS series is just out. It’s set in beautiful Scotland with a sexy spy-turned-beekeeper and a young lonely widow. Gray is sent to there to infiltrate her honey business because of illegal goings-on. They are very attracted to one another—but he’s her employee (at least that what she thinks) and she may be a criminal, so Gray can’t act on his impulses. The way they get to know one another better makes up a part of the story. The other part is the suspense element, which includes an international drug ring, along with local rivalries.
2. In the hottest scene...kisses or condoms?  Neither—honey. ;-)


3. What are you working on?  I also do a little publishing on Amazon right now. I’m publishing a series of linked short stories, Eight Lays Around the World . The first one is set in Egypt, the next one will be set in Hong-Kong.  These stories are more erotic than romance. Grin.
In addition, I’ve just signed a contract with Harper Impulse to do and anthology with my group blog, Lady Smut. LADY SMUT’S BOOK OF DARK DESIRES.

4. What have you Googled for research? Oh GAWD, what haven’t I googled? From methods of murder to kinky sex toys and BDSM practices to all kinds of freaky food things. Hah!
5. What do you drink when writing? Water or hot tea. Not very exciting, is it? I’ve tried to write with a glass of wine—it sounds so romantic! But it doesn’t work for me.


6. Do you have a writing uniform? Nope.
7. Where do you write? I write in a room that used to be a sun porch. We’ve turned it into an office.
8. What was the last thing you read? Hmmm. I read something in a genre I don’t usually read and I liked it. The House on Olive Street by Robyn Carr. I liked it a lot.

9. Paper, audio, or ebook? Paper. But I love my Nook!


10. Favorite book in the last few months? Wisp of a Thing: A Novel of the Tufa (Tufa Novels) by Alex Bledsoe

11. Favorite social network? Twitter.
12. Secret super power? Disappearing. Especially when I have a book due. My family can not find me, my house remains untouched, and I am gone, baby!

13. Guilty pleasure? Chocolate. Always!

LIKE HONEY

Saffron Nights, Book 3
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 
Wanted: A Hot Honey of a Man

Love brought Jennifer D'Amico to Scotland, but it's honey that makes her stay. Her honey farm is all the beautiful widow has left of her brief marriage. All she needs is a master beekeeper to get the flailing business back on track. What she gets is Grayson McGhilly, a boldly sexy stranger who knows his honey--almost as well as he knows how to bring Jennifer to the brink of passion. . ..

From the moment Gray lays eyes on Jennifer, he's hooked, mind and body. But his mission isn't just to savor every succulent inch of her, but to keep her from harm. For Gray isn't just a beekeeper, but an undercover agent investigating criminal activity at her farm. And now he'll do just about anything to keep the sweet and oh-so-satisfying Jennifer safe in his arms. . ..

 
 
Liz Everly writes, plays, and cooks in a tiny house with a big garden. She writes under a pen name to escape expectations and to embrace all possibilities.


No comments: