Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Finding The Right Editor and Online Dating...

They are the same thing, I tell you! I'm still mourning the loss of my Samhain editor (She moved on to bigger and better things and as her friend I cheer her decision, as her author I boo it. There's conflict for you!) I'm on eggshells with the new Mills & Boon editor, so I haven't cracked my new Samhain one just yet. One new relationship at a time...

But finding an editor you adore and dating are the same thing!

  • vague about exactly what they want so they won't miss out on someone spectacular
  • it takes forever to hear back...or does it just feel that way because you check your inbox more?
  • miscommunications abound
  • you never doubt yourself more than the five minutes after you've hit send
  • wondering if there is a better gig out there, or if you should just feel grateful for what you have
  • the hopeful feeling that makes your stomach wiggle
  • the full-body thrill that comes from someone who knows what you mean
  • you have to set your fear aside and just jump in. Yes, you could be rejected, laughed at, ignored...but you could also find complete acceptance and someone to buy you lunch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. That's about right.

Anonymous said...

Online dating profile is the first attraction.