Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday 13




13 best things that ever happened to me


1…. Getting married at 18. No joke. He's cute; I had to lock him in while he was young and I was thin...but it also makes for great party conversation.
2... That C in Organic Chemistry. Just imagine...I could be your doctor right now. Shudder at the thought!
3... Grandma & Sampa being addicted to books. I always dreamed of having full bookshelves like they had...and now I do!
4... Going to Disneyland as an adult. It's not as big as I thought...I mean it's huge, but to a kid the place is overwhelming. Now, when I go with my own kids, I'll have persepctive.
5... BigBoy. Even with the colic and becoming nearly housebound for a year, he was the best baby. He so wanted to be held, and with all we went through to get him, I just wanted to hold him. We were the perfect match.
6... BabyBoy. Easily the happiest baby ever to grace the earth. Quite the firecracker, but like me, I think he does it all in the hopes of getting a laugh.
7... Contracting Jenna Allen's first story. That did wonders for my writers self-esteem.
8... Finishing my first novel. The sense of completion was amazing.
9... Selling to Mills & Boon. I still can't believe it.
10... Teaching BigBoy to read. Reading is my FAVORITE thing, so sharing it with him is amazing.
11... Winning the BH&G recipe contest. The attention was delightful...even though BabyBoy broke the vaccuum cleaner the day before I left for RWA...
12... Taking time away...sans kiddos. Oh, this is a hard one for me. I never want to be away from those bubbelehs. Thankfully I get to be with them 99% of the time. But I've learned I need to be an adult sometimes. It is hard going - most of the time all I talk about are my babes. But, someday I won't. Besides, it is the only way to get time alone with HubbaBubba.
13... Planning for the future. I'm learning to be more optomistic, more forward thinking...it's absolutely life changing.


Now...What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Jennifer Shirk ... Thirteen Interesting Things about... NEW JERSEY ??
2. Lanie ... Thirteen Books/Trilogys I Love
3. Shelley Munro ... Thirteen Things about KIWIS ??
4. Robin L. Rotham ... Robin Feels (according to Google)
5. Heather .. Rules of Civility & Decent Behavior
6. Emma Petersen the Missionary Diva ... Goals by 2008
7. Gina Ardito ... "Gina Loves..." (according to Google)
8. Sara Thacker ... Fun and Freaky shows to watch
9. Tempest Knight ...Thirteen Muy Machos Latinos
10. Adelle ... Thirteen Fear Quotations
11. Debbie Mumford ... Roots of Romantic Fantasy: Celtic Pantheon
12. Ember Case ..Thirteen Things Google Says Ember Loves
13. Rhonda Stapleton
14. MIchelle (MG ... LOOK AT WHAT THIS GIRL HAS EATEN!!! OH MY!
15. Paige Tyler ... Thirteen Yummy 100-Calorie Snacks!
16. Ava Rose Johnson
17. LA Day
18. Christine d'Abo
19. Amelia June
20. Eva Gale
21. Lisa Andel
22. Cat Marsters & Kate Johnson
23. Jenna Allen .. Jenna Feels... (according to Google)


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

24 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ha! I got a C in Organic Chemistry, too! I agree. It was a magical moment. LOL!

Having my child was another great moment. She's healthy, she's happy and a true blessing to me and the hubby.

Lanie said...

That's a good list.

Congrats on number 13. I think that's one of the hardest (and best) things that one can do for themselves.

Anonymous said...

Great list, Jenna. I'd have to say marrying my man rates right up there, although I waited until I was 21 and the second thing would be traveling with my man. We have lots to talk about when we get old ;)

Robin L. Rotham said...

Yup, catching Mr. Robin and having his babies is definitely the best thing to happen to me. That and having a mother who made me look up words in the dictionary. :D

Heather said...

Wonderful list, Jenna!

Emma Petersen said...

Great list Jenna!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Ain't life grand? Terrific list, Jenna. Lucky girl to have so much and to appreciate it all!

Sara Thacker said...

Having my two kids. That was tops.

Tempest Knight said...

I'd say my whole life is complete with "best things that has happened to me." I embrace the good, the bad, and the ugly in my life equally. I'm thankful for the good, but the bad and the ugly hold a very special place because they make me realize how good it is to be alive and help me grow. I'd not be who I am without them. *g*

Happy T13!

Unknown said...

The best thing of late to happen to me, is being pushed into the spotlight and overcoming my fear of being there. Although I am kicking and screaming half the time. I survive, time and time again.
Happy T13! Great list.

Debbie Mumford said...

Great list, Jenna! Yep, my first place moment is a three-way tie ... marrying my best friend ... giving birth to my beautiful, perfect twins ... giving birth to my beautiful, perfect singleton! Sigh. Finishing that first novel (which will never see the light of day) and selling the first short story tie for second ...

http://debbie-mumford.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great list - but I got off on all kinds of tangents with number 2. I started thinking, huh, the C in Organic... if you take it away, it's Organ Chemistry... Heart Chemistry? Wow, Jenna is sure creative ~

Rhonda Helms said...

Awwww, what a great list. Here are a few of mine:

Meeting the manpanion, having my kids, getting my master's degree, finishing my first novel and selling it, snagging my agent...here's hoping I have more to add to the list soon! :D

Anonymous said...

Great TT - heartwarming. :-)

Paige Tyler said...

That's a totally great list!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Good for you getting married at 18. That's a romance novel in itself.

The best thing that ever happened to me was having a breakdown, taking time off from work and discovering writing. A blessing in disguise

LA Day said...

Great List!
The best thing that ever happened to me is getting married and having my daughter.

Unknown said...

So many great things have happened to me. I married my husband at age 21, but we'd been together since I was 14! It's been 11 years of happy marriage. :)

Of course the birth of both my girls and getting published by EC. I'm like you with M&B - still can't believe it happened.

Amelia June said...

Weird, your #1 is on my "worst decisions EVAR" list, LOL. But hey, even bad decisions have happy endings, like my first born :)

Happy TT!

Eva Gale said...

Awww, you made me so grateful for the same things.

Lisa Andel said...

Dang, what was your recipe? Is it here somewhere, if I look around for it?

Kate Johnson said...

Great list, Jenna.

The best thing that ever happened to me? I don't let things happen to me, doll, I make them happen. The best thing that I ever made happen was...oh hell, it happened to me. I realised I wanted to write. Without that, I'd probably be in the loony bin by now.

But the rest of my life? It's me in the driving seat. Honest.

Jenna Allen said...

That is the theory behing The Secret, right?

Lisa, the recipe is on the website...there is a link on the sidebar

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm LOVING the list this week, Jenna! What a happy list!

The best thing that ever happened to me? Wow. Hard to pick one. Definitely having the Tour Manager in my life; he makes so much possible.

Ask me if I still feel that way when he gets home from work, though. *wink*