Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Reading = Happiness

It's beena busy year for me, and not on the writing front! So much has been going on, and time has passed quickly. Lucky for me, I am blessed with two friends to managed to get me to focus on myself just a little bit.

One bought me a Nook. Huge gift, right? I know, she's amazing. But the gift has been more than the e-reader. I realized the other day that I had only read 10 books this year. Ten. I hover around a hundred every year. For me, 5 months and 10 books is a serious reading drought! The Nook has really helped remind me of my love of reading and how a great stpry can fill up my soul.

Another friend and I went to Las Vegas. No husbands, no kids. It was so much fun, and I had all that time on the airplane to read!!

The first 4 months of the year, 10 books. The last two weeks of May, 4 books! No wonder I feels so much better!!

No comments: