Thursday, October 15, 2009

FLYing!

Housework is not my bag. I embrace my lack of scrubbing talent ...usually. Friends want to see the new house, and I'm scrambling to keep it presentable. A friend (online, so it was no comment on my cleaning aptitude) suggested FLYlady. Basically, it breaks things down to managable segments so it's not so daunting.

Today is Errand Day. Grocery shopping is the suggestion, but I did a Target run and the boys haircuts (picture day is next week)

FLYSpot - Bathrooms...I do think I need to do a toothbrush check! Great idea!! The boys have 2 each and really, they don't need 2.

October Habit -- Paper Clutter Oh! I so need to go through my magazines. I'm not sure about only having a week with them...but I know I have September issues that must go! In fact, I think I'll Zone Super Fling Boogie them and see how much I'm tossing in the recycle bin.

Couple things, though...I cannot dress to shoes, which is what FLYlady suggests to start the day. I have a shoe free house. And I can't weekly vaccuum...I have a black lab with a shedding issue and a baby who'll eat off the floor. She also suggests doing a load of laundry a day, but I need the push of 3-4 to get me to...you know...take the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I'm not the most domestic of godesses.

Let's see what excuses I can come up with next!

No comments: