Thursday, January 01, 2009

Mission Accomplished :: 2008

released -
Dreams & Desires: A Collection of Romance Tales, Vol. 2
Her Cinderella Complex
For Kicks
Par For The Course
The Pocket Diet & Recipe Book: Perfect Portion Control That Works!

contracted -
short to New Love Stories Magazine : Culinary Magic
short to Dreams & Desires 3 anthology : Perfect Stranger
short to Phaze : Starting Over
novel to Samhain : Compromising Positions

submitted -
5 short stories
3 novels
3 partials

written -
1 novel
3 partials
1 short story

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OK...so I had a baby this year. I'm milking that excuse for all it's worth, since I didn't seem to write much, and as a writer, that's what I'm supposed to do. Next year I'll write much more.

Goals for 2009

>write and contract 3 category romances -- One Last Fling, The Marriage Promise, First Impressions
>write and contract 2 ST romances -- Driven To Distraction, If You Say So
>write 2 novellas
>write 3 short stories

Plan for 2009
JANUARY
finish drafting The Marriage Promise
edits of Compromising Positions (Samhain)
get thoughts and begin writing One Last Fling
edits of Starting Over (Phaze)
Alicia Rasley workshop at RCRW

FEBRUARY
revisions of The Marriage Promise
finish One Last Fling
submit If You Say So (Samhain)
Celebrate Romance conference

MARCH
Compromising Positions - ebook pimpage
RCRW elections
revions of One Last Fling
write short story

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are one goal-oriented, organized woman. Great list for 2009 and I think you did quite well for 2008 considering you had a baby and all. You go girl!

therese patrick, author said...

Thanks for this schedule, it's a good kick in the pants for me. I used to do this, but got off track and have become more "reactionary" than organized.

I also think you did great in 2008 - baby included. So I have no excuse just doing grandma duty 3 days a week.
Cheers!