Tuesday, May 06, 2008

RITA Reading

What do the RITA nominations mean to you? I'll be honest, I had no idea they existed three years ago. Now, I love hearing who made the cut. Of course, that could be because now I'm crossing my fingers that I know someone...


Anyway...do you pick up a book just because it was nominated? Do you read all the books in one category to see if you can predict who'll win? I'm working my way through two categories, contemporary series and single title. Which have you read?

2008 RITA for Contemporary Series Romance Finalists

Sleeping Partner by Kelly Hunter Modern Extra/Sexy Sensation

Always a Bridesmaid by Kristin Hardy Silhouette Special Edition

Fall From Grace by Kristi Gold Everlasting Love

Make-Believe Mom by Elaine Grant Harlequin Superromance

Night Mischief by Nina Bruhns Silhouette Nocturne

Snowbound by Janice Kay Johnson Harlequin Superromance

The Mile High Club by Heidi Rice (available as The Millionaire's Blackmail Bargain (Harlequin Presents))Modern Extra

The Tycoon's Princess Bride by Natasha Oakley Harlequin Presents


Contemporary Single Title Romance Finalists


Tangled Up In You by Rachel Gibson

Blame It On Cupid by Jennifer Greene

Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins

Sexiest Man Alive by Diana Holquist

She's No Angel by Leslie Kelly

Tempt Me Tonight by Toni Blake

The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer

Coming Undone by Susan Andersen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF is up with the titles of M&B Modern Extra is the States? The Mile High Club is a MUCH better title.

As far as RITA nom's...I usually find new-to-me-authors this way. Of the current ST list, I've already read about half. On the Series list, slightly less than half.