Thursday, December 07, 2006

20 things about Christmas?

I've been tagged to do this, and since I don't usually DO Christmas I thought I could bow out...but seeing as we have a tree and all...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Brandy Alexander...by f-i-l makes them with ice cream. Ohmigawsh. So good.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh...I can do that? Good idea! For Hanukkah we wrap.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? Colored. M&M novelty lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I would if I could find any.
5. When do you put your decorations up? First weekend in December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Fudge.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The years we did both Christmas & Hannukah. Any excuse for a party or a present, I say
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Yeah...see I have to bow out on this one.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Pajamas, so we'll look cute in the Christmas photos.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The boys used Hubba Bubba's decorations from when he was a kid. There are way more than fit nicely on the tree, but they don't care. BigBoy even used some of his money to buy a garland for the tree! Too cute!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? We wish for it every year...unless we have to go somewhere. Snow is great for just-stay-home days.
12. Can you ice skate? No.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? Um...BigBoy made me a sleigh out of popsicle sticks last year. Poor Hubba. He tries, but is very practical with gifts.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying to make memories for the boys so they'll be more interesting when they fill out these things.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?I told you, Fudge.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hmmm. We do a Swedish Christmas Eve with part of Hubba's family that I think is a great tradition for the boys. Hubba's Grandma always did it, and so he won't miss it!
17. What tops your tree? The gawdiest star. Seriously. It would win an ugly tree topper contest. But it lights up, which is improtant to the boys.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. As witnessed by all the things my boys are getting. Christmas & Hannukah. It's party central here!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hanukkah O Hanukkah...Jingle Bells
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Gross.

3 comments:

TJ Brown said...

Okay, those brandy Alexanders sounds amazing....
Teri

AJ Cove said...

You wish for snow? I wish we could give it away. We'll wish it all over to you this year. How's that? :)
-AJ

Michelle said...

Umm, I think we can rival you on the ugliest tree topper. Seriously. Or maybe we have matching gawdy stars. It could happen. We seem to be like that with a lot of things. Hope you are doing well!

Michelle