Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Her Cinderella Complex
She’s got the man—and the wedding—of her dreams. If only love were part of the fantasy.
Her Cinderella Complex is a sweet romance about a woman who is dreaming of happily ever after with a man who views their relationship as yet another business transaction. I enjoyed watching the development of their relationship. -- Gotta Write Network
"The characters were splendid and jumped off the pages. The whole concept of the story was very intriguing and was enough to keep me glued to the pages until I finished the book. Would this happen in the real world? It would be very nice if it did and I was Heather. The sexual tension was exactly where it needed to be." - Fallen Angel Reviews
"This is a fantastic story with very strong characters who were beautifully written and I immediately fell in love with both of them." The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
"Her Cinderella Complex was a wonderfully sexy and fun book...Their sexual encounters were extremely erotic...Her Cinderella Complex is the first book that I have read by Ms. Bayley-Burke and it won't be the last." The Romance Studio
"Her Cinderella Complex is a delightful gem that had me laughing out loud and rooting for these two people to make it. Just when I’d think I had the plot figured out the author, Jenna Bayley-Burke would throw me a curve, which kept me on my toes, and interested in finding out what happened next! The relationship between Heather and Curtis is a welcome and refreshing change from the typical alpha male and the all-too-willing-to-agree female pairings that tend to dominate these types of love stories. This is a fast-paced book that will not only have you smiling but enjoying the hot, steamy and sometime funny love scenes. At no point does the story drag. So do yourself a favor and treat yourself to having a good time while reading Her Cinderella Complex ." - Literary Nymphs
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Daily Lit has Wikipedia tours...a bit o' learnin' in your email every day. Educate yourself about :
Wikipedia Tour: Wine 101
Wikipedia Tour: Wonders of the World
Wikipedia Tour: Famous Poets
Wikipedia Tour: Masterpieces of Western Art
and lots more! Better than a daily calendar! I'm thinking of doing the art one.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Yesterday I was actaully productive...got a bunch of research done, baked 5 batches of cookies, got most of the holiday cards out...it never ends, does it?
Thursday, December 18, 2008
- Love's Encore by Rachel Ryan aka Sandra Brown (Candlelight Ecstacy Romance)
- The Game Is Played by Amii Lorin (Candlelight Ecstacy Romance)
- A Very Merry Christmas by Lori Foster / Gemma Bruce / Janice Maynard
- My Guilty Pleasure by Jamie Denton (Blaze)
- One Night, One Baby by Kate Hardy (Modern Extra/Presents)
- Billionaire's Favorite Fantasy by Jan Colley (Desire)
- The Australian Millionaire's Love-Child by Robyn Grady (Presents)
- Mistress at a Price by Sara Craven (Presents)
- Carnal Desires by Crystal Jordan
- Nauti Nights (The Nauti Trilogy, Book 2) by Lora Leigh
- Mother Warriors: A Nation of Parents Healing Autism Against All Odds by Jenny McCarthy
- Mom, They're Teasing Me
- Food Chaining
- A Treasure Worth Seeking by Rachel Ryan aka Sandra Brown (Candlelight Ecstacy Romance)
- Mystical Traveler by Sylvia Browne
- Louder Than Words by Jenny McCarthy
- Wishcraft : How to Get What You Really Want
- Writing The Great American Romance by Catherine Lanigan
- SECRETS Volume 15
- When Your Body Gets the Blues: The Clinically Proven Program for Women Who Feel Tired, Stressed, and Eat Too Much!
- Sleep to be Sexy, Smart, and Slim
- Body Signs
- Caretti's Forced Bride by Jennie Lucas (Presents)
- Secret Source: The Law of Attraction Is One of Seven Ancient Hermetic Laws: Here Are the Other Six
- Yes, You’re Pregnant But What About Me? by Kevin Nealon
- Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovitch
- I Had the Right to Remain Silent...But I Didn't Have the Ability by Ron White
- Falling For Mr. Dark & Dangerous by Donna Alward (Romance)
- Sex By The Numbers by Marie Donovan (Blaze)
- A Brush With love by Maria Isabel Pita
- Secret Seduction by Lori Wilde (Blaze)
- Whisper by Rose Middleton
- Hired ; The Sheik's Secretary Mistress by Lucy Monroe (Presents)
- Spanish Billionaire, Innocent Wife by Kate Walker (Presents)
- Psychic Children by Sylvia Browne
- The Dark Garden by Eden Bradley
- The Billionaire's Marriage Mission by Helen Brooks (Presents)
- Slightly Psychic by Sandra Steffen (NEXT)
- The Trials of Angela by Millie Criswell
- Leaving L.A. by Rexanne Becnel (NEXT)
- Which End Is Up? by Patricia Kay (NEXT)
- The Greek Tycoon's Convenient Bride by Kate Hewitt (Presents)
- Driving Him Wild by Julie Cohen (Modern Extra)
- His Mistress by Arrangement by Natalie Anderson (Modern Extra/Presents)
- The Secrets of the Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
- SECRETS Volume 2
- Sylvia Browne's Book of Dreams
- SECRETS Volume 3
- SECRETS Volume 13
- SECRETS Volume 5
- For Blackmail...Or Pleasure by Robyn Grady (Desire)
- The Rancher's Rules by Lucy Monroe (Presents)
- The Knight Before Christmas by Jackie Ivie
- The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer
- Hired For The Boss's Bed by Robyn Grady (Presents)
- Mistress For a Weekend by Susan Napier ) (Presents)
- The Millionaire's Marriage Demand - Sandra Field (Presents)
- Getting Down to Business by Ally Blake (Modern Extra)
- Tangled Up In You by Rachel Gibson
- Secrets, Volume 16: Forbidden Desires
- Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids by Christina Katz
- Pregnancy Of Passion by Lucy Monroe (Presents)
- One Night Stand by Sandra Field (Presents)
- Crowned: An Ordinary Girl by Natasha Oakley (Romance)
- The Australian's Housekeeper Bride by Lindsay Armstrong (Presents)
- 101 Ways to Transform Your Life by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Poseidon's Daughter by Jessica Hart (Romance-vintage)
- Wild Wild West by Charlene Teglia
- Rejection Romance and Royalties by Laura Resnick (NEXT)
- True Confessions of the Startford Park PTA by Nancy Robards Thompson (NEXT)
- No One Cares What You Had For Lunch : 100 ideas for your blog
- Falling For The Frenchman by Claire Baxter (Romance)
- Wish Come True by Patricia Kay (NEXT)
- Manifest Your Destiny by Wayne Dyer
- Wedding Bell Blues by Charlotte Douglas (NEXT)
- The Magnate's Marriage Demand by Robyn Grady (Desire)
- Sexiest Man Alive by Diana Holquist
- How to Get What You Really, Really Want by Wayne W. Dyer
- The Ruthless Marriage Bid by Elizabeth Power (Presents)
- Contracted: A Wife For The Bedroom by Carol Marinelli (Presents)
- The Boss's Wife For A Week by Anne McAllister (Presents)
- 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys by Lucy Monroe (Brava)
- The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain by Abby Green (Presents)
- The Mile High Club by Heidi Rice (Modern Extra)
- The Scent of Shadows (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 1) by Vicki Pettersson
- SECRETS Volume 21
- A Christmas To Remember by Kay Stockham (Supers)
- The Witch's Wedding by Rosalie Ash (Romance - vintage)
- Ex Marks The Spot by Merline Lovelace (NEXT)
- Underneath It All by Lori Borrill (Blaze)
- All Night With The Boss by Natalie Anderson (Presents/Modern Extra)
- After The Honeymoon by Alexandra Scott (Romance) vintage
- One Night Standards - Cathy Yardley (Blaze)
- The Getaway Groom by Molly Liholm (Temptation)
- Holiday Wishes - Kate Austin, Stevi Mittman, Mary Schramski (NEXT)
- At The Billionaire's Bidding - Trish Wylie (Presents/Modern Extra)
- Doing Ireland - Kate Hoffman (Blaze)
- My Tall, Dark Greek Boss - Anna Cleary (Modern Extra)
- Mere Anarchy - Woody Allen
- The Millionaire's Marriage Claim - Lindsay Armstrong (Presents)
- The Unexpected Pregnancy - Catherine George (Presents)
- Behind The Scenes by Trish Jensen (Modern Extra)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
...think I can personally move Hanukkah so we can give the boys the Wii?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
It might be fun...but I can't play :( I have to bundle up and tote around the baby. At least she has a wicket cute snowsuit!
Monday, December 15, 2008
How to Play:
Each author has placed a graphic of a Christmas bulb (ornament, not light) on their website. Go to each website on the list, locate the bulb and write down the color. Please note - each graphic is within 2 clicks from the main page of the site.
Once you’ve collected all the info, come back here and fill out the form!
Each entry will be used for a random drawing for a free ebooks from all participating authors. (33 ebooks / winners total)
This week these elves have hidden the ornaments ::
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Listen to 12 books.
You do not need to make a list ahead of time; lists can change at any time.For sign ups, visit the post about the challenge and use Mr. Linky to link directly to your post about the challenge.
Socrates Book Reviews is once again hosting the Harlequin/Silhouette Romance Reading Challenge with just a few changes. Read five books as follows:
Guidelines for the challenge are:
You can change books in the middle of the year, nothing is written in stone!
Books used in this challenge may be used in other challenges.
Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebook.
As you read the books for the challenge, return to the challenge blog to post your reviews.
Link the challenge to your blog using the challenge button.There will also be a prize for one participant who completes the challenge!To sign up, leave a comment on the post about the challenge.
The Bookworm is hosting the Romance Reading Challenge for 2009. She points out that Romance Reading is not just about the bodice-rippers...
There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.The goal is to read a minimum of five (5) Romance novels during the challenge period. You can change your list at any times and crossovers with other challenges is allowed. Naida is encouraging you to provide links to your reviews of the books you read.To sign up, visit the post about the challenge and use Mr. Linky (also leave a comment!).
Rob Around Books is hosting 100 Shots of Shorts - a reading challenge designed to encourage the reading of short stories. Rob writes:
Why the name? Well to me, reading a short story is very much akin to slugging down a shot of spirit or coffee - it offers a quick on-the-fly story hit to boost spirit and/or morale, so I could think of no better term to give it.Rob has links to some awesome short literature, and has created his own list of shorts he wants to read. To join in, visit Rob at his blog and leave him a comment with a link to your post about the challenge.
Books and Life is hosting the second Installation of the Chick Lit Challenge. The rules are:
Read at least 10 chick lit books.
Books can overlap with other challenges.
You can change your list at any time.To sign up, visit Twiga and leave her a comment on the post about the challenge.
- Read a romance by an author whose last name starts with "G"
- Read a romance from a sub-genre you don't usually read from: contemporary, historical, romantic suspense, paranormal, etc.
- Read a romance containing a titled name in its title such as viscount, duke, duchess, princess, prince, etc.
- Read a romance published in 2009
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Plus...I'm at the Samhain blog today talking about regifting!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
So now...I could finish the partial...but the editor wants to help and she has fun ideas...and I'm all about the fun, so I'll wait to see what she thinks.
I have jumped between three stories today...and just might start a new one. Maybe a short story I can finish before the holidays hit.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Monday, December 08, 2008
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Let's all make an effort to conserve where we can during the holidays.
Start with one day of carbon neutrality. Click here and Brighter Planet will donate 136 pounds of carbon offsets in your name. These offsets help fund renewable energy projects and are an important part of fighting climate change. For conservation recommendations take a look here.
Friday, December 05, 2008
Last month it was Germany, this month it was the Mediterranean.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
Of course we can't...but I'm feeling introspective about the year and am thinking about the year ahead...I'm thinking of using the alphabet to see what I want 2009 to be for me. I know I want there to be more stories in it, so A is for Author...